Monday, September 26, 2022

THIS IS ME!

 

THIS IS ME!!

Once upon a time there lived a little girl,

And that little girl was me.

Climbed up trees, chased butterflies

To hold them and then set them free.


I wanted to be like them one day,

Flower to flower I would fly.

Merrily flapping my gossamer wings,

And trying to reach the  sky.


I grew up to be a teacher instead,

Teaching and mentoring young minds.

Loving them, and laughing with them,

And that's where the joy I did find.


           

Taught the pupils to be good Samaritans,

Respect the rich and poor akin.

Lift up the fallen, feed the famished,

And count the many smiles they win.


Then came social media with a bang

And life was never  the same,

Positivity is contagious, and I spread it,

“Everpositive'' is my blog’s name.


Whatsapp brought in greater goodness

I spread felicity even more

Egalitarian messages were shared with friends, 

Empathy was at their core.

           

Food and water are like gold for me

Never to waste I strive

My friends get miffed at this fetish of mine

To save every drop and morsel I try.


The Blue Planet is endangered now,

With the melting glaciers, and oceans on the rise,

Self-sustainability is the need of the hour,

Isn’t it time to make our consciousness arise?


I know I have bored you enough

To put you into sleep

But hey! let’s implement the Butterfly effect

As we have promises to keep

           

So here’s  my story till date,

My time starts NOW.

The Butterfly in me is flapping its wings

To aim for the sky. And how!!